Monday, September 17, 2012

Second Day of Class

 So here I am two hours early on campus at the UGL because I didnt want to drive an extra 20 minutes on the highway behind stop and go traffic. But can you blame me? Where else in the world would you find an angry bunch of hundreds of cars filled with people who are upset because they think their time is too valuable to be wasted slowly moving through traffic? Driving is a mentally anguishing thing if your mind is not in the right place. I'm not much of a talker but there were some things in class that I thought about while everyone focussed on writing their stories.I think it was said that children are brave. I'm not so sure about that. I was sitting in my backyard the other day with my neice who is less than two years old. She was throwing a tennis ball around the grass when the ball went near the shed with the hornets nest. As she "Bravely" went to get the ball I was dreading my life wishing she could have been inside away from the flying heart-attacks. You see as a kid I was stung on my ear and because it left a bitter taste in my mouth I never liked anything that could sting. I picked her up and took her inside, no harm, no foul. But this was one instance where ignorance was bliss, most definetly. On the flip side, when we went to the basement to watch cartoons and I turned off the lights she started crying. I dont know if she believes in monsters yet, but something scared her. This ignorance was not so blissful. So in answering are children brave, I think it is sufficient to answer, "Ignorance is Bliss" =)




No comments:

Post a Comment